Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Scattered Scribblings

As a veteran of over 30 years in sports ministry I've been strangely silent on the steroids situation (notice the 4 s's?) Friends who I've met have been implicated. Time (or maybe just eternity) will reveal the truth, the facts.

Here are some scattered scribblings concerning sports:


My interactions with Roger Clemens (pictured) over the years were always positive. I may be proven wrong but I believe him when he says he wasn't injected with HGH (human growth hormones). I'm praying for you, Roger!


The bloody incident in Buffalo involving Richard Zednik was scary. Thank You, Father, for sparing this hockey player. May his recovery be quick and complete.


The Senators' trade with the Hurricanes was a good one in my estimation - at least for this season. Cory Stillman is a native of Peterborough (like me) and will add some secondary scoring to the Sens' lineup.


My friend Mike Sweeney has signed a minor league contract with the Oakland Athletics. It sure will seem strange not seeing him when the Kansas City Royals come to Toronto. I wish you God's best, Mike!

It's good to see Jordan Staal putting the puck in the net more often. I knew he would come around.

Remember the Patriots? They finally lost a game...the Big One.


If you listen closely you'll soon be able to hear the crack of the bat in Florida and Arizona.

It's exciting watching Zach Bogosian of the Peterborough Petes as he hones his skills awaiting the NHL draft in June. This could very well be his last season here. It's bittersweet to see a fine, young man in his teens go off to the NHL.


Does anyone not think Mike Fisher is the consumate pro?


I'm one of a handful of fans who like Andrew Raycroft! Give the guy a break!


Keep your eye on David Booth of the Florida Panthers. He's a keeper! A fine Christian too!

I might be biased but Bud Fisher is one of the finest young athletes (and men) you will ever meet. Check out the Quinnipiac Bobcats link on the Pilgrim Scribblings blog.


That's all for now, folks!