Saturday, February 17, 2007

Capital Gains

Wow! I spent the last two days in our nation's capital, Ottawa. On Friday I conducted a chapel service for the Ottawa Senators and thoroughly enjoyed my time with the players. Following the service my friend David Kennedy and I were treated to lunch by my nephew Mike Fisher at our favorite Ottawa eating establishment, Baton Rouge. Their ribs are incredible!

This afternoon (Saturday) we watched the Sens beat the visiting Atlanta Thrashers 5-3 with Mike playing a strong game and scoring an empty net goal to put the game out of reach. We enjoyed the game from the Senators' private box courtesy of the Sens' President, Roy Mlakar. Roy has become a good friend over the last few years.

I commented to David during the game, "I'm almost feeling guilty that "ministry" can be this much fun." Seriously...it was a joy to be in Ottawa and to serve the Lord through the outreach provided to the hockey world through Hockey Ministries International.

God is good!